Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back to Cycling & 21st B’Day Gift… | A Bike for Surprise



About a month ago.. when I came back to college for my last yr. of engineering..
I felt a need of vehicle to commute b/w hostel & college..
Our 3rd & 4th Yr. hostel is a bit far off from college campus.
Last year.. I shared a 2nd hand Passion bike with my roomie..
But unfortunately.. this partnership cudn’t last for more than a year.. due to some issues.
Now again.. I was w/o any vehicle .. the only option were autos & rikshaw..
Although I don’t have any problems with them.. but one has to wait for them, walk a lot to get them.. The campuses are designed such.. & again one have to have change money every day in one’s pocket…
So finally with a bit of discussion with my parents.. I made up my mind for a new cycle..
And guess what when I told my colleagues my idea.. they gave me weird looks.. some laughed at the idea.. some said what girls will think.. some said. It was so stupid to get cycle in final yr…
But it that hardly did matter to me..
Coz I haven’t ever bothered for any gal of my college..
Secondly.. I do what I wish to do.. I don’t need ppl to. Interfere in that..
So finally within 2-3 days.. I bought a new cycle.. Avon “Scott” a bit stylish one.. which cost me around Rs.3000/= far more than I thought.. I kept my budget thinking of the cycle I bought in my school.. :P
So I started going to clg by cycle.. & am still in the same practice…
My school days memories got fresh…!!
There are many guys.. juniors my batchmates..who overtake me by their.. flashy bikes.. but that doesn’t bothers me.. till the time I’m enjoying my cycling… although it gets a bit frustrating on sunny days… but still its fine..
One fine day.. one of my lecturer asked me.. Oh boy.. u come to clg by cycle.. haan.. 4th yr. guys have a ‘EgO’ problem..n rarely students use cycle now.. howcome.. you are at ease with it..?
I replied humbly.. sir.. I believe.. all what I have today.. all what I’m today.. is because of my parents… so the word you just mentioned ‘Ego’ has no place to stay in…
And talking of the comparisons if anyone wants to draw.. i just want to say.. I don’t compete with others.. & still if anyone wants to.. let the time come.. when I start earning.. & I’m on my own.. & same does apply to them too at that time…
My lecturer was impressed by my reply.. & backed me up saying good practice boy.. even at IIT’s ppl. do the same..& its eco-friendly.. I added yes sir.. & it gets your body a good exercise too.!!

And today is the day.. when I have just received a Discover –dtsi bike from my family as a gift on my 21st B’Day… B-)
It was indeed a surprise.. Bike had been my dream since long.. whenever I cribbed about it.. I got a good scolding..
This time when I was asked .. what would you like to have on your B’day..?? I kept quiet..
& see what I got..!!

Who kehte hain naa.. “Bin Maange Moti Mile… Maange Mile Na Beekh “ ;)

20 comments:

Akki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akki said...

hmmmm dats d spirit.....i wud love to be like u......dats so cool n yeah congrats for d new bike

Devvrat Rajgopal said...

Hey Thanx a ton akka...!! :)

Unknown said...

awesome thikner...keep it up yaar...:-)

Ani said...

Great..cycle bhi milgayi and Bike bhi ..Congrats Dev :)

You know People actually dont have much time with them to think what others are doing . They seldom care.
So we should do the things which we actually wanted to do ..Its great that you are following your heart and have the courage to face the world with the decisions you take.
Keep it up :) aur haan Bike me jyada speed nahi haan( yeh hidayat mentor wali ANi ki taraf se :))

Devvrat Rajgopal said...

Thanx Ani.. :) i'll try 2 follow ur advice too.. :D

Unknown said...

1st of al,a big congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then comes........
rarely do we find people who hav the guts to follow their hearts n face the mob mentality wid elan!!!!!
but few out der present,dont need my comments here......they kno how to make a mark n get recognised.....
1 thng i cn bet on n dat is......
u will never hav to work hard for the recognisn,it will cum automatically to u n so far as bein shravan is concerned......count on me,U ARE!!!!!
all the very best...
*bahut bada comment de dia na???
[;)]

Devvrat Rajgopal said...

Thanx alot Aps... u encouraged d writer within me.. :)

Unknown said...

hey dev dis's wat u ....today i feel so proud dt u r my frnd.....so simple n down 2 earth...gud keep it up........u knw wat "simple living high thinking"

Unknown said...

hey dev congrats ... waise i knew everything before reading the blog but hats off the way u expressed ur feelings in this blog. and thing of ur being down to earth thats the one quality i really want to imbibe in me and hope staying in ur company makes me do that.

Devvrat Rajgopal said...

Thanx Yashi for ur kind words.. :)

SandeepSingh said...

der u turn a veteran thinker .....congrats on d gud use of ideas n thoughts.....d clustering goes well too....GO ON ....!!

namrita said...

firstly....congratss ..secondly keep ur bike aside go fr ur cycle( bt only if own sumthin vry stylish) coz bikes r cul...bt cycles r HOT really dis is sumthin dat makes u different frm odr people

Devvrat Rajgopal said...

Thanx alot namrata..

N yeah Sandy.. thanx.. fr pointing mah grammatical mistakes.. 'll alwayz review mah article b4 publishing frm next time.. :)

Thanx again..

LittleDidSheKnow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LittleDidSheKnow said...

dis surely deserves a comment.. m so moved by d simplicity n audacity u hav shown..yes audacity bcoz coll lyf is far too glittery to accept a bicycle rider..u tend to loose frns if u appear to b uncool..b it ur lang., clothes, actions nethin.. besides "wat d grls will think" was really shallow off whoevr who thought dis..grls do hav bttr criterias to gauge guys..:) :) lvd reading it..it was a wow xperience more beacuse of wat u chose to do dan write..:)

PoOjA gArG said...

it z great dev..
must say u r a strong philosopher..
down to earth..who beleive in simple living high thinking..
congrasss..awesom thoughts

Unknown said...

i only wanna ask u dat is carrying a cyl in clg a sign of modesty or it is a sign of getting into attn

Devvrat Rajgopal said...

Nice question ankit...

well it was intended to be a sign of modesty which later on added up getting into attention also :)

Jai Singh Sajwan said...

Good great people do different things in their life. Good to see your spirit.